Version 0.5 download
Version 0.4 download
- msfetch - main execution
- .msfetchrc - utility configuration file
msFetch 0.5 Installation
tar xvzf msfetch.tar.gz
.msfetchrc - configuration file
#Exclude e-mail collection from the folders below
#Uncomment line below to prevent Sent Items download
msFetch 0.4 Installation
Install following Perl modules:
Extract msfetch.tar.gz to your HOME directory. This is important, since executable will look for configuration file in your home directory. BOTH FILES MUST BE IN YOUR USER DIRECTORY!!!!
- "chmod 600 .msfetchrc" - configure ACL for the configuration file
- "vi .msfetchrc" - edit configuration with the settings below:
- MAILSERVER - DNS name or IP address of your MS Exchange server.
- MAILUSER - Username for MS Exchange Outlook Web Access.
- MAILDOMAIN - Windows domain for your user account.
- MAILCRED - Your password.
- MAILPROT - defines HTTP or HTTPS
- MAILMETHOD - defines authentication type "Windows Basic", "OWA Web Forms", and "OWA 2007 Web Forms". Choices are "windows-basic", "owa", "owa2007".
- MAILPORT - (optional) - specify non-standard ports. For example your Exchange might work on port 8080.
- MAILBOXFILE - Location where all the downloaded content will be stored in. This utility only stores locally, does not support forwarding.
- MAILOUTBOX - Location where all "Sent Items" e-mails will be stored in.
- MAILHISTORY - Each time e-mail is downloaded, a record is added to this file in order to avoid double-downloads. If you delete this file, then msFetch will download mailbox from a scratch.
- EXCLUDE - EXCLUDE directive is very helpful when you want certain folders to be skipped on download. By default I skipped Calendar, Tasks, etc... Although it is pretty cool to download "Calendar" items! :)
- Add crontab job in order to collect e-mails automatically:
*/15 * * * * ~/msfetch > /dev/null 2>&1
Debugging msFetch 0.4
Comment/Uncomment lines below. Default is "Disabled"
# Default = "Disabled"
# my $DEBUG;
# This line will disable debugging
# my $DEBUG = 1;
# This line will enable debugging
Debugging msFetch 0.5
- Optimized e-mail parsing routing
- Addressed issue with duplicate e-mail IDs on Microsoft Exchange Q320749
- Added support for separate mbox file for "Sent Items" (outbound mail)
- Added two (2) new authentication methods. "Windows Basic", "OWA Web Forms", and "OWA 2007 Web Forms". Previously only "OWA Web Forms" method was available
- Added "MAILPORT" variable to define MS Exchange ports
- Added "MAILPROT" variable to define MS Exchange web protocol (HTTP/HTTPS)
- Added Perl module check routine
- Enhanced debugging. Failed URLs are now being recorded to ".msfetch.history.error" file
- Added MAILUSERDAV variable. Some users might have a username different from their WebDAV path. For example, user's full name is "Buck Deviney", his Windows domain username is "devinbuc", but WebDav path is "buck.deviney". Many users will be able to login, but will be unable to download e-mails. To resolve the issue, please assign "MAILUSER=devinbuc" and "MAILUSERDAV=buck.deviney" accordingly
- Added "debug" and "password" switches
- Added help menu
Please do not hesitate contacting me with your questions!